Responsible person: RNDr. Ján KAŇUK, PhD.
The Laboratory of GIS comprises all equipment and technical infrastructure related to acquisition or location of spatial data via the field methods or remote sensing methods. Further, it encompasses the software needed for extraction and digital analysis of acquired spatial data. The laboratory manages also spatial datasets generated or purchased by the Institute.
- Two GNSS recievers for precise positioning in real time or after post-processing (EPP Set – Hiper ll: Digital UHF 410-440 MHz s GSM/GPRS by TOPCON);
- GPS Trimble Juno SB with the firmware GPS Pathfinder Office, Terra Sync;
- GPS Garmin eTrex with the firmware Mapsource and topographic background of the Slovakia Topo and the Czech Topo;
- Total positioning station Leica TC 605;
- Laser distance meters Leica Disto D3;
- Universal theodolite MOM-Te-D4;
- Levelling instruments MEOPTA Kolibri;
- Colour desktop scanner EPSON GT–15 000 for up to A3 format;
- Large format plotter HP DesignJet Z2100 Photo
- 25 licences of ArcGIS 9.3.1 Editor;
- 30 licences ArcGIS 10 Editor by ESRI (including Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst a Geostatistical Analyst);
- Installations of an open-source software GRASS GIS; R; MapServer
- 25 licences of the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5.
- Seamless digital vector database of the Slovak Republic SVM 50 (1:50 000)
- Military topographic maps 1:25 000